CalDAV scheduling: cancelled events

• Hi,

I am facing this issue too with stock Calendar app and alternative calendar apps.
    I can't find any relevant reference to "CANCEL" or "CANCELLED" in the code, except in the joined RFC.
    Where is the DAVDroid portion of code that manages this?

This is the inbox *.ics message (METHOD:CANCEL) that is not processed as expected:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    PRODID:-//Sabre//Sabre VObject 4.1.0//EN
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    METHOD:CANCEL
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    UID:37d55368-229f-406b-a38c-6963f55f3393
    DTSTAMP:20160423T164850Z
    SEQUENCE:2
    SUMMARY:Someeventname
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Paris:20160423T210000
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/Paris:20160423T220000
    ORGANIZER:mailto:xxx@xxx.org
    ATTENDEE;CN=xxx@xxx.org:mailto:xxx@xxx.org
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

• developer

@KrisWebDev DAVdroid has only very limited support for iTIP (where CANCEL is defined) and CalDAV Scheduling. Shouldn't the cancellation be processed by the server, which then only sends the modified object to the client (i.e. DAVdroid)? I'm honest that I didn't work through the iTIP/CalDAV Scheduling standards yet … (and they're not part of plain CalDAV, and at the moment, DAVdroid doesn't claim to support them).

Also, this is not related to the original post which is about events with STATUS:CANCELLED, which is a plain iCalendar property and doesn't require iTIP/CalDAV scheduling, so I'll move this into an extra thread.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.