Calendar fails to synchronize with Horde, Expected 207 Multi-Status, got 200 OK

• Recently, since last week, my android calendars stopped showing any events. Instead I get a "Calendar-synchronization failed". I do use a private horde installation that was not recently updated*. In the horde webinterface, everything is just fine. Yesterday updated I DAVdroid again to 1.0.6, rebooted the phone, with no change in the symptoms.

Log excerpt:

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 9
    Account name: my-calendar-name@example.org
    Authority: com.android.calendar

EXCEPTION:
    at.bitfire.dav4android.exception.InvalidDavResponseException: Expected 207 Multi-Status, got 200 OK
            at at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.assertMultiStatus(DavResource.java:323)
            at at.bitfire.dav4android.DavCalendar.multiget(DavCalendar.java:129)
            at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager.downloadRemote(CalendarSyncManager.java:157)
            at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:169)
            at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarsSyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter.onPerformSync(CalendarsSyncAdapterService.java:69)
            at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:259)

SOFTWARE INFORMATION
    DAVdroid version: 1.0.6 (96) Thu Apr 07 08:39:26 MESZ 2016
    Installed from: com.android.vending
    JB Workaround installed: no

The full debug information

(*) It is installed on ubuntu. The horde calendar part (kronolith) claims to be 4.2.5 , allthough the package php-horde-kronolith is version 4.1.4-1.

• developer

Hello,

Your Horde sends a 200 OK answer instead of the required 207 Multi-status answer (in reply to a REPORT calendar-multiget request). This is invalid and indicates some server problem (misconfiguration, bug, etc.)

Thanks for the debug info (it's important), but those are not logs. If you would have a look at the logs too, you would see the exact request and the questionable reply.

• You are right, this seems to be a horde issue.

I was confused because I didn't expect a server side error behind a 200, but the error log does reveal a fatal horde error that I will continue to investigate.

Thanks for the quick reply and also for the excellent troubleshooting documentation / support in the application.

• Apparently A fatal error has occurred Bind failed: Server is unwilling to perform is horde/LDAP's way to tell me the password is wrong... great. So I re-entered the password that I have not changed in DAVdroid and it works now. Hope this helps anyone else who is lost like me.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.