In release 0.8.x or 0.9.x (sorry, I don’t know the right version anymore) DAVdroid detected addressbook resources via addressbook-home-set automatically.
For that, I wrote a dedicated test in my own caldav/carddav server application https://github.com/ksokol/carldav/blob/release/0.1/src/test/groovy/calendar/DavDroidTests.groovy#L34-L216
In the latest version 1.0.6 DAVdroid doesn’t detect addressbook anymore.
Expected behaviour after account initialization with my server:
- CardDAV with contactDisplayName resource
- CaldDAV with calendarDisplayName resource
Actual behaviour after account initialization with my server:
- none CardDAV resource
- CalDAV with calendarDisplayName resource
I already checked DAVdroid source code but couldn’t find any hints.
I know that my caldav/carddav server doesn’t fully comply with the RFC’s. Because I managed to run DAVdroid 0.8.x or 0.9x with my backend in the past with success, I raise this issue to clarify the root cause.
Hopefully, you guys can give me some feedback on this issue.