SOGo missing contacts

• Hi,

I do have a SoGO server from where I want to sync addresses to the phone.
    I use the same SoGO account for the calendar where sync works just fine.

But syncing the address book is weird.
    I've enabled the contacts app to show the sync account. Apart from that only the phone local address book is enabled, the google account and others are disabled.

I can enter new contacts into the sync account. But neither the ones entered on the phone nor the ones synced from the server show up in the native calendar app (nor in Calendar+ that I installed for checking).
    But the contact entered on the phone syncs just fine to the server and from there on into the OS X address book.

I currently have no idea how to diagnose this further.
    I do not understand why I can enter a contact for the sync account in the contacts app but then it does not show it.
    This is on CM13 the first snapshot on a Nexus 5.

Any ideas?
    thx
    afx

• developer

Hello,

I can enter new contacts into the sync account. But neither the ones entered on the phone nor the ones synced from the server show up in the native calendar app (nor in Calendar+ that I installed for checking).
    But the contact entered on the phone syncs just fine to the server and from there on into the OS X address book.

I don't understand it. You want contacts to appear in the calendar app?

Please see the FAQ and PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: What's required to diagnose a problem.

• Sorry, silly me, of course the contacts app / contacts+, not the calendar.

cheers
    afx

• developer

Ok. I still don't understand it. Could you please read the pages linked above and provide the requested information? Thanks.

• Well, there are no error logs from DAVdroid. It all happens after the sync. Switching on explicit logging does now show anything out of the ordinary.
    Nothing in the FAQ or config guide would explain what I am seeing.
    So I think it must be related to the contacts storage/account.

The steps I took where activating the sync of the SoGO address book for an already existing configuration that I use to sync the calendar.
    This gives me an account to store contacts in on the phone.
    I configured contacts (and also contacts+) to show the address book entries for the sync account.
    Sync runs through without errors.
    But, I never see the contacts in that account.
    While I can create them just fine on the phone for this account (DAVDroid contact), they never show up on the phone (only after the initial entry, the whole contact is shown, but as soon as I go to the screen that lists contacts they vanish), but they do get synced to SoGO, so I see them in the SoGO Web interface and the Mac Contacts app that also syncs with SoGO. This proves that the sync process is working.
    But none of address book entries for the synced account show up in any address book app I tried.
    This was yesterday.

Today I tried it slightly different, I switched of periodic sync and set the sync to manual.
    In that case, the newly entered contact on the phone is visible until I manually sync, then it vanishes from the phones contact list. It shows up fine on the SoGO Server.
    I had the debug log switched on, but it only shows that one entry for the address book was synced.

cheers
    afx

• developer

Do you have a SOGo version below 2.3.3?

• Yes 2.3.0. (I thought our sysadmin had the latest installed, but I just rechecked now).

cheers
    afx

• developer

Then you're affected by a SOGo bug. Please find more information on the SOGo configuration page.

• Thanks,
    time to kick our admin ;-)

cheers
    afx

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.