Horde "received invalid iCalendar, ignoring" - how to fix?

• Hi,
    it seems like my Horde 5.2.10 installation is giving me even more trouble. For a few days I have seen that the sync fails - that is, it mostly works actually, but still in the accounts section I can see that it fails, and in the error log I see the above error message "received invalid iCalendar, ignoring" and then a NullPointerException afterwards.

Is there any way to find out which calendar event is causing this?

• developer

@Natanji said:

I see the above error message "received invalid iCalendar, ignoring" and then a NullPointerException afterwards.

"Ignoring" means that DAVdroid ignores the invalid event, so there should be no NPE. May it's related to something else.

Is there any way to find out which calendar event is causing this?

For information on how to get logs and provide necessary information, please see PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: What's required to diagnose a problem. Please post these logs, they should contain all required information.

• Sorry that I missed that. I really ope that I managed to get all personal information taken out of my logs... they are pretty long, too. Here is a paste: http://pastebin.com/vnQ0waCM

• developer

The NullPointerException is just informational for the "Received invalid iCalendar, ignoring" line, so everything except this event should have been synchronized.

ical4j throws this exception when trying to parse the VTIMEZONE because there's an invalid component in your VTIMEZONE definition:

BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
    TZOFFSETFROM:+0119
    TZOFFSETTO:+0119
    TZNAME:NST
    END:DAYLIGHT

Time zone components must have a DTSTART value, otherwise they're useless and invalid. This is similar to DAVdroid doesn't understand America/Montevideo VTIMEZONE provided by Horde and Can't see calendar events.

Because the time zone is not parseable, ical4j and thus ical4android/DAVdroid cannot process the event. To fix it, please use a correct time zone definition.

I also suggest reporting this to Horde.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.