Webdav Sync Progress Info

• I have a feature request for the newest version of Davdroid. In versions <1.0 , the app reported the last sync date and time so that you could tell when the last successful sync completed. When i would manually start a sync, I could just wait for the last sync time to be updated so I knew that it finished properly. With the new version, it only has a popup that lets you the sync started. There is no last completed sync info anymore. If my Webdav server is having a problem and the sync fails, Davdroid has no way of letting me know that the sync failed. Plus, it was nice to see when the last sync was completed so i could check the last time the background sync completed.

I guess i am asking for the last sync date and time field to come back. It was really useful.

• developer

Hello,

Unfortunately, Android doesn't provide a possibility for apps to query the last sync time. In previous versions, the "Manage accounts" popup started the same activity as you can see in (Android) Settings / Accounts / DAVdroid.

If my Webdav server is having a problem and the sync fails, Davdroid has no way of letting me know that the sync failed.

DAVdroid always shows error notifications on hard errors (i.e. always except for connection problems).

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.