400 Bad Request when Create CalDAV collection (DAVMail)

• Hi,

I used DAVdroid to sync my office's exchange via DAVMail. It works perfect before and can't work anymore after upgrade. I deleted the apps and reinstall again but found that I can't create collection. Attach is the debug log for reference. Thanks for help.

Santa

0_1459386987777_davdroid-debug1283786219.txt

• developer

There's need that servers must support this. In your case, the server doesn't support Extended MKCOL for Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) (the method how DAVdroid creates the calendar).

Maybe it would work with MKCALENDAR, but I guess it would not. As said above, there's no need for servers to support creating collections:

Support for MKCALENDAR on the server is only RECOMMENDED and not REQUIRED because some calendar stores only support one calendar per user (or principal), and those are typically pre-created for each account. [http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-5.3.1]

• I don't get it. What should I do if I do not create CalDAV collection? I can't find the corresponding calendar in my calendar apps if I just create account in the DAVdroid.

@rfc2822 said:

There's need that servers must support this. In your case, the server doesn't support Extended MKCOL for Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) (the method how DAVdroid creates the calendar).

Maybe it would work with MKCALENDAR, but I guess it would not. As said above, there's no need for servers to support creating collections:

Support for MKCALENDAR on the server is only RECOMMENDED and not REQUIRED because some calendar stores only support one calendar per user (or principal), and those are typically pre-created for each account. [http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4791#section-5.3.1]

• developer

@santalau said:

I don't get it. What should I do if I do not create CalDAV collection?

"Create CalDAV collection" will create a calendar (task list) on your server. If you already have calendars on your server and you want to synchronize them, there's no need to create them.

I can't find the corresponding calendar in my calendar apps if I just create account in the DAVdroid.

Then there are either no calendars, or there's a problem with the detection of the calendars and we need more information.

Please provide logs (Settings / external logs), and detailed steps to reproduce and what you want to achieve (including what your server is, whether you already have calendars, etc…) and what the problem is. It's hard to guess your problem without any information.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.