Recover los calendar after unistall Davdroid

• Hello,

I'm been ussing DAVdroid for some time syncing a calendar in a owncloud server. This server does not exist anymore since a year or so, so yesterday I uninstalled the DAVdroid app without thinking on the data will be lost with the app.

Ok, now I know I cannot recover the data, but I need to ask anyway...
    Does the calendar data itself is keept somewere in the telephone? If I' root the phone and can enter in all directories... Could I still find the data?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best regards,
    Angel.

• developer

Hello,

@angel6700 said:

I'm been ussing DAVdroid for some time syncing a calendar in a owncloud server. This server does not exist anymore since a year or so, so yesterday I uninstalled the DAVdroid app without thinking on the data will be lost with the app.

I'm sorry that your data is gone, but the app is only a "mirror" of the server. The server is always the main storage – that's how CalDAV works, it's a client-server protocol.

Ok, now I know I cannot recover the data, but I need to ask anyway...
    Does the calendar data itself is keept somewere in the telephone? If I' root the phone and can enter in all directories... Could I still find the data?

The events are stored in the Calendar Provider's SQLite database, which is stored in /data/data/com.android.providers.calendar/databases/calendar.db. Maybe you can find some old entries there (hex editor? an SQLite viewer won't help, because the entries are deleted) if SQLite has not purged them yet, but I can't promise.

• Thanks a lot.

I will try that.
    Regards.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.