OwnCloud birthday calendar synchronization doesn't finish

• Hello,

I have OwnCloud 8.2.1 and want to syncronize calendar of mobile and owncloud using DAVdroid.

I installed DAVdroid on mobile, setup my account from owncloud.
    DAVdroid found my calendar and offered to syncronize.
    Then I see in DAVdroid app that it's trying permanently syncronizing and I have status Syncronizing. Nothing happens more.

On my server I see GET requests:

• [21/Mar/2016:14:04:53 +0300] "GET /index.php/apps/calendar/ajax/events.php?calendar_id=birthday_local_2&start=1456693200&end=1460322000 HTTP/1.1" 200 2
      • [21/Mar/2016:14:04:53 +0300] "GET /index.php/apps/calendar/ajax/events.php?calendar_id=9&start=1456693200&end=1460322000 HTTP/1.1" 200 312
      • [21/Mar/2016:14:04:53 +0300] "GET /index.php/apps/calendar/ajax/events.php?calendar_id=shared_events&start=1456693200&end=1460322000&_=1458550625583 HTTP/1.1" 200 2
        127.0.0.1 - - [21/Mar/2016:14:05:00 +0300] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 -

So, I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem further.

Could you be so kind to help what else I can check ?

Also, I tried to find debug file on my mobile "storage\emulated\0\Android\data" but there are nothing just empty directory :(

Debug INFO

SOFTWARE INFORMATION
    DAVdroid version: 0.9.1.3 (87) Sat Jan 02 13:24:54 GMT+03:00 2016
    Installed from: com.android.vending
    JB Workaround installed: no

CONFIGURATION
    System-wide synchronization: manually
    Account: strelok79
      Address book sync. interval: —
      Calendar     sync. interval: 5 min
      OpenTasks    sync. interval: —

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Android version: 5.0.2 (LRX22G.WW_Phone-12.8.5.222-20151225)
    Device: Asus ASUS_Z00ED (ASUS_Z00E_2)

• Same here on Samsung Galaxy S5 running CyanogenMod 12.1

Contacts sync fine, Tasks sync fine, Calendar never finishes syncing.

• Hello.

Yesterday I found solution this problem.

When DAVdroid connecting to my server it offer two calendars: common calendar and bitrthday calendar. Every time I checked both calendars and had problem with syncronization. When I checked only one common calendar (without birthday) syncronization passed wihout problem. So it seems you should to syncronize each calendar separately.

By the way, I have another question, may be you answer.

I found that If I add events to calendar via owncloud then I see it on my mobile calendar.
    But If I add events on my mobile calendar I can't see it in owncloud.

Is it true, that I can add events only in one-way direction ?

• Ok, as usual the answer myself.

When I create event in my mobile calendar I should choose account of Davdroid in drop-menu and not use my google account.

• developer

Hello,

When DAVdroid connecting to my server it offer two calendars: common calendar and bitrthday calendar. Every time I checked both calendars and had problem with syncronization. When I checked only one common calendar (without birthday) syncronization passed wihout problem. So it seems you should to syncronize each calendar separately.

Calendars are synchronized separately, and OwnCloud contact birthday calendars are known to work with DAVdroid. Maybe there's some problem with your OwnCloud which causes long delays? How long did you wait when DAVdroid tried to synchronize?

• @rfc2822

Hello !

Thank you for respone.

Hm......, I have just tried to reproduce initial problem with syncronization calendar and this time syncronization is working perfectly, it was syncronized less than 1 second.
    Previous time I was waiting a couple hours and even tried to make it at home via wi-fi and without success.

• I did some diggin'...

Seemed like a shared calendar caused the problem. I have 4 cal, one of them shared. As soon as I tried to sync the shared cal the sync process got stuck... weird!

Anyways, I just updated to 1.0 beta and everything works. Tasks, Cals and Contacts all in sync.

• admin

@Nasemann Thanks for the feedback. We've made big improvements in DAVdroid 1.0 with all kind of shared shared resources. That's one of the many things things that were done under the surface ;-) Great that it works now.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.