I found the solution. Because the new lôôk of the software made me loose my way (my fault). The solution was that I was putting in the wrong code in, so it could not get to my server. Thanks for this super App.
@rfc2822 Thanks for the hint! The automatic conflict resolution didn't worked in our project, since there was a dependency in cert4android, that we hadn't in our module. After adding com.android.support:cardview-v7 as dependency to our module, the conflict resolution works, now.
Hence, the problem is solved without updating cert4android. Thank you very much!
The APK you sent installed fine and works as expected. I now have all my Contacts visible in both the Contacts, Phone and Email Apps on Android. Updates to Contacts on Android sync back to Telstra Mail and hence to MS Outlook on my PC as well. Excellent. (Although I only did one test, and only added a note to a Contact.)
EDIT: I tested Contacts some more, and two way synchronisation seems to be working for all major fields. I did the following:
Created a contacts in Contacts on Android. Synced via Telstra.
Updated the contact in Outlook on PC. Synced via Telstra.
Updated the contact in Contacts on Android. Synced via Telstra.
Checked the contact in Outlook on PC. Synced via Telstra.
Everything worked fine.
I assume that this fix will be in the Google Play Store at some time in the future, so that I can get back onto the upgrade cycle with DAVdroid? Obviously I can't upgrade from the store until the fix is included.
I also have my Calendar visible in the "S Planner" App after setting up that DAVdroid account again. I had an issue with that not setting times correctly until I realised that Telstra had set the Android Time Zone to "Lord_Howe" instead of Australia/Sydney (Eastern Time Zone). Both Time Zones are currently in Daylight Saving Time, just to confuse matters. Manually selecting the "Eastern Daylight Time" zone made things better. I'm still getting errors when syncing a Calendar Event which was created on the PC in MS Outlook, successfully synced to Android via Telstra, edited in Android, and then I try to sync the change back to Telstra. The sync from Android to Telstra fails. I have attached a Debug file here. 0_1508469211365_Calendar Event update on Adroid fails to sync back to Telstra - debug.txt
The Daylight Saving info seems to be incomplete, and then DAVdroid gets an EXCEPTION.
Unfortunately my Contacts and Calendar still don't turn up in Outlook for Android and I'm having quite a hard time finding out why. It seems Outlook uses different storage location (stores in Android?) for Contacts and Calendar, but it is supposed to be possible to synchronise the default Contacts and Calendar stores to Outlook. I just can't make that happen without Android wanting to sync my Microsoft or Google accounts, which would get the wrong result.
Anyway, that isn't your problem. But any hints would be appreciated!
Thanks again for the fast support. Your fix works fine.
PS: Sorry for the verbose post. Just working through the issues.
Thanks for sharing your solution. It is always good to write it here so other are pointed to a possible solution. However we've not had a similar one yet (afaik). Maybe the Android storage was somehow broken, and was re-initialized. At least you found a way how it works again
The connections never got past TLS negotiation so there is no chance that a well-known URL or a redirect could have been given by the server and there are none defined on that 12345 port URL hierarchy anyway. Also there are no related SRV records in the DNS.
I tried again and looked a bit further into the data streams. It looks like the server configuration had limited cipher suites so that no common suite was found between DAVdroid and the server on port 12345. The client tried twice, both times ending in the server sending a TLS alert due to cipher suite mismatch. After that I see a DNS SRV query for _carddavs._tcp.server.name.here.invalid which is answered with no such name (nxdomain). Immediately after that traffic to port 443 starts and the note about invalid server cert on port 443 is shown. The cipher suite configuration on port 443 has been compatible enough all the time, so a handshake to that port goes far enough to return the certificate.
I loosened up the acceptable cipher suite list on the server on port 12345 enough to include a cipher suite sent by DAVdroid in the client hello and now it works. Pretty weird / misleading user experience.
Anyway thank you for your work on DAVdroid! Not having native DAV synchronization is a significant deficiency in Android, DAVdroid seems to be filling that gap nicely.