Everything is working perfectly now. The address you get to give DAVX is this : “https://www/folder whereowncloud is located/remote.php/dav/calendars/userid/calendar name/”
Now, you get to synchronize the name of the account in order to make the related calendar app display the calendar.
I just tried the medicine, but it has no effect. While thinking about the issue it is like a one way sync but without davdroid reading the entries on the server. My girlfriend actually has the exact same phone with an older android version i will install davdroid there and see if it shows the same behavior.
Please note that Thunderbird is not an iCalendar validator. However, I don’t see any problem with this iCalendar event here, it looks like this on my Android 8.1 emulator (25 Nov 2016 10:30 +00 = 25 Nov 2016 11:30 CET, which is used in the calendar view):
Thanks for your report. Can you please provide verbose steps to reproduce and DAVdroid debug info?
I wish I could, I have no Idea how to re-introduce those faulty VCARDs back into the system (I presume they got there from earlier versions of nextcloud calendar).
If I were to guess the reproduction steps, thou would probably be
have faulty (i.e. containing escaped comma) VCARDs on your server of choice
SYNC (creating faulty entries on your android device)
correct VCARDs on the server (i.e. remove comma)
→ wonder where your actual categories/groups went.
Why has the VCard version changed from 3 to 4?
As far as I can see, all VCARDS written by DAVdroid 1.3 and later are VERSION:4.0, so I do not fully understand the question.
Is DAVdroid still set to the CATEGORIES group method?
I don’t remember ever changing this setting (as far as I can tell your question was the first time I checked that deeply into settings). The chosen method is (and always has been) “Gruppen sind Kategorien der Kontakte” -> “groups are categories of contacts” (loosely translated from german translation)
I’ll have to be able to reproduce the problem so that I can have a look at it.
Yes, I can totally understand that. I will gladly help. There’s limits on what I can do, though. I don’t really have a debug setup, only my actual phone with my actual contacts.
Yeah, I could narrow down the conflicting event by playing with the past event setting. With past event up to 112 days everything works fine. The event in question is one with accidentally interchanged start and end date. I have no clue, why in spite of this the multi days event was displayed corrently - and moreover could even be synced with CalDAV-sync. As soon as I have corrected start and end time, I am able to sync past events with no limit.
Thanks for feedback. So topic could be marked as “solved”.
So the solution is, delete your old account in davdroid and recreate it with the new url. Details here
If you use the wellknown-notification, keep in mind to change the owncloud-apache config too, like this:
Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /owncloud/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /owncloud/remote.php/dav Source
@danjde Unfortunately, DAVdroid can’t know whether the password is actually wrong or whether the server rejects the login for other reasons, so we have decided to simply show the “no service found” message + details.