I’d love to have options like
synch only between X o’clock and Y o’clock
synch only on ( ) Monday ( ) Tuesday ( ) Wednesday… etc
The reason for this request is servers that are not available at certain times, eg office machines that are switched off at night and at the week end. Choosing time frames, when to synch and when not, would avoid error messages.
Thanks for the quick answer! This is a bug in OwnCloud, it seems. Not an issue with DAVdroid.
The VCard is indeed 3.0.
In the above example, the address type is ADR;UNKNOWN=X-GPS. In OwnCloud, if I change that address to one of the default options (ADR;TYPE=HOME or ADR;TYPE=OTHER or ADR;TYPE=WORK) and then take a look at the VCard, it has an escaped comma like it is supposed to. After that, everything on the DAVdroid end works correctly.
I will mention this to the OwnCloud people. Thanks again for your help! Wonderful.
No issues anymore so far
rfc2822 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Is this issue still present when you uninstall DAVdroid and then try
the latest version? Please also provide log output (How to view the
logs) so that I can have a look.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Indeed, please see http://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq “How can I change the URL/user name/password of my DAV resource or add a new calendar?”
I know that would be useful but it’s quite complicated and not scheduled at the moment (of course, pull requests are welcome).
I’m happy that people are participating. However, it makes me nervous if there are too many open issues and for this one, I can’t do anything because there is no known incompatibility from DAVdroid’s side. So, I’ll close this. If you find any DAVdroid problems in relation to Tine, please either create a new issue or post here if the issue is only valid for Tine.
Hello! Sorry for my delay!
Sorry, I didn’t send you an email.
I was really busy for some weeks, and also I bricked my tablet (it is fixable) but I didn’t have time for trying the server stuff nor trying again DavDroid on my device.
Starting today, now I have a couple of weeks for helping/testing, so I will send you a private email today.
Could you try to put a “commit();” after the Line “addDataRows(resource, -1, idx);”
I think this could circumvent this problem.
A real solution should work like the “MAX_UPDATES_BEFORE_COMMIT”
Yes… It’s a pity with HTC I don’t think rfc2822 will make some platform dependent warnings, but maybe he’s writing here again… All we could do is to disable the HTC Desire 500 and other relevant devices in Google Play. Then people there wouldn’t see the app for their incompatible device. But this still does not help users that get DavDroid from F-Droid.
Looking at jm’s comment it seems to be working with a domain name. But users might not have a domain or a fixed server IP (like me) and use IPv6 tunnels (like from Hurricane Electric or SiXXs) to tunnel through the IPv4 internet. So direct IPv6 entry as a server name would definitely be nice