Looking at jm’s comment it seems to be working with a domain name. But users might not have a domain or a fixed server IP (like me) and use IPv6 tunnels (like from Hurricane Electric or SiXXs) to tunnel through the IPv4 internet. So direct IPv6 entry as a server name would definitely be nice 🙂
It seems like the server is misconfigured. When asked for children of http://cal.domain.com:5232/calendar/, it answers with /email@example.com/ (note the missing /calendar/). For radicale, this setting is called base_prefix. Please contact your server provider with this message/issue report to fix the problem.
Just for completeness: On Apache you would rename the conf file so that the site you wish to be the base site comes first. So, in /etc/httpd/conf.d I have:
So I renamed owncloud.conf to aa_owncloud.conf so the listing now looks like
and now the correct certificate (after restarting apache) is delivered to non-SNI capable clients. Happy days. Perhaps I could put this info in a wiki somewhere. Is there one? I spent ages trying to get SSL to work with a self-signed cert before I read the entry in the FAQ about SNI support.
@rfc2822 Thank you very much for the fix. I was going to create an ownCloud issue, but I see you’ve already done so. I’ll copy some of the information from this issue into that so the OC developers can get the information in their own bug report.
Fixed with 33b8aa8e05b9674e9cef622e7f53a8585ee4d223 by adding a null check , but this may occur again because of inconsistent data in your contact database. If this problem occurs again, please delete your DAVdroid account and add it again. If it still persists, please write here again.
Just for those who stumble upon this issue before you implement vCard 3 support: I used a regex to remove all the Google Plus profiles from my address book.
Download and back up the vcf file.
Use the regular expression to find and replace by nothing (did this in Geany, but any other reg exp find/replace will do)
Save vcf file, check diff just in case, re-upload.
Did this with ownCloud, and all my contacts seem to show on my device now.
What assumptions does one make about addresses? I would be cautious before making very many.
In Japan there are areas larger than cities but smaller than regions. There are areas smaller than cities but larger than neighborhoods. There are areas smaller than neighborhoods. And you need all of them to form a proper address. What this means is that Android’s database is overly restrictive. It fails for Japan.
And other countries have even more screwy address schemes. Did you know in Nicaragua it’s common to describe places using the old names of buildings and the old names of streets followed by some basic directional notation? Crazy stuff!
Except that you can do what in fact people have done. You can just make one data column hold a ton of data. Sure, it’s a type error, but at least you gain the functionality you want.
As you say, this doesn’t affect the issue, but I’d be careful before assuming too much about address structure.
I built it myself and tested it. I’ve found another error. I tested the following cases:
Create an event at ownCloud, sync it to the phone, edit it at the phone and sync it back: works
Create an event at my phone, sync it to ownCloud, edit it there and sync it back to my phone: works
But: If I create an Event at KOrganizer it will be synced correctly to ownCloud and my phone. If I edit it at my phone and sync it back to ownCloud nothing happens. There is still the old ical generated from KOrganizer.
Most updates don’t work without removing and adding the account. However, sometimes there are basic changes and at the current stage of development, I don’t think it makes sense to put work into compability with older releases.