even a simple XML (or anything else) export/import would be great.
I have 5 different Owncloud accounts and 3 devices. it’s a little bit long to configure caldav+carddav for each combinaison…
Everyone here is irrationally focused on the authenticity of the remote server.
Android cert handling SUCKS.
So… You don’t have any choice. Reread the code. Add to it… Don’t forget Subject Alt Name. Check the hyperlink I gave here for more fuel to “get the job done.”
All public internet services are already compromised (e.g. The Lavabit case already proves that the remote servers… e.g. Google, et al,… are already compromised. The Public CAs controls your keys. Most people here don’t even know how the keys work – it’s magic.)
CONCLUSION: Private CAs are the ONLY certificates that can be trusted.
I’m tired of all the dribble about MITMs. That requires a HIJACK – “perps” need to hack your DNS, set up a fake server, set up fake certs, etc. PRIVATE SYSTEMS AREN’T WORTH THAT EFFORT. Google just gives “anyone” a copy of the keys. You don’t even have to worry about fake certs – because the certs are copies that Google gave them. People are clueless. Including coders
There is nothing more dangerous than transmitting your password in the clear.
“Discussing the obvious” for 8 months is not “working together on the issues.”
There is only one issue: Encryption that is easy to use without a graduate degree in operating systems and crypto.
I’m sorry, but that’s not possible with CardDAV beause it’s based on WebDAV (which is based on HTTP) and DAVdroid is a CalDAV/CardDAV sync adapter.
Basically, you could adujst the source by creating a new RemoteCollection that serves a local directory - if you’re experienced in programming, it might not be that hard.
Hurray! I eventually found my contacts. Not very intuitively I had to open “Contacts”, select “Settings” and “Filter” to get to a screen where the contact providers (SIM, Google, DAVdroid, etc.) can be enabled:
Do you think that it is possible to enabled DAVdroid contacts when adding a DAVdroid account? That would be much easier for newbies like me.
Thanks and sorry for bothering you.
I know they are different protocols, but presumably, one app is not fundamentally restricted to one, is it?
I think such an app should not be called DAVdroid because that would confuse users (like me before I investigated the differences).
I have an idea what the reason could be: findNew() creates remote file name and UID when a record is synced the first time. When this first sync where findNew() returns the new items suceeds, everything is OK.
However, when the sync does not succeed, maybe the contacts data provider takes the records as “updated” (because of the generated UID and remote file name fields) instead of “new”. This would explain why the resource is uploaded as “updated” record instead of a “new” record, causing the upload to fail (because on the remote server, the record doesn’t exist yet, so the update fails).