Yes, it’s a limitation of Android, which only provides one set of SyncColumns per event or per contact: this only supports one sync adapter per contacts list or per calendar.
However at the server side there is no such limitation. Any authorised program can connect to the CardDAV or CalDAV server. So if your server is on your PC and you can find a PC program (or write one) which synchronises between the CardDAV server and your Google contacts list or between the CalDAV server and your Google calendar, you can get those synced up with your Android device.
It looks as if Google’s calendar and contacts will now act as CalDAV and CardDAV servers, so an alternative option might be to use those as your server instead of your own PC if you were using that. If you have a PC application that also talks to your server, it should be able to talk to Google’s one as well.
@xuziq2000 I see… Seems like it also works without OAuth2, because DAVx⁵ doesn’t support OAuth.
However your problem seems to be a server problem. Is there is anything specific we can do for you, just let us know.
@rfc2822, may application was moved back to the old server.
now all cipherspecs are available again, nothing was changed on the old server !
Only my Nextcloud was first migrated to a newer server, there Nextcloud was updated from 13.0.7 to 14.0.4, the problems occurred.
now the Nextcloud has been moved back to the old server.
But now it is still Nextcloud 14.0.4 !
Could it be that it’s not the cipherspecs but the old DavDroid has a problem with Nextcloud 14.0.4?
@anyma I see. Unfortunately, I don’t know what’s going wrong, because everything works here fine and I don’t have a Xiaomi device for testing. We didn’t change anything about permissions or something like that from 2.0 to 2.0.2. I think it’s not related to the update itself.
Your problems sound like the numerous Xiaomi problems which are caused when DAVdroid is not allowed to “start in background” etc. However, we know that DAVdroid runs in Xiaomi devices if you do the right settings.
If there’s anything specific I can do for you, please let me know.
sorry for digging up this old topic, but I just stumbled over this problem myself.
Can someone tell me if contacting the calendar developers lead to any calendar app handling this correctly with EXDATE now. I already tried aCalendar hoping that they might have fixed this after two years, but it doesn’t seam like it.
Does anyone have any tips on this?
I think the problem is Apache2 on my PI does not allow direct IPs to connect and is namebased : https://superuser.com/questions/875941/accessing-a-website-through-its-ip-address-instead-of-hostname#875943
I run some other things on my PI.
I cannot access the public IP from a browser either but this is not a problem as my Duckdns.org FQDN works fine there.
When I manually sync with Davdroid it works fine, it is only the automated syncs that fail, there are notifications saying they failed.
If the automatic syncing was forced to use the namebase / FQDN; https://XXX.duckdns.org/nextcloud instead of resolving it to XX.XXX.XX.XX:443 I’m sure it would successfully work as the main activity does.
Please can you look into this.
I’m french (English is difficult) and write here
If you have ideas…
I see this page :
In advance thank you
The iCalendar is invalid:
A calendar object on a CalDAV server must not have a METHOD property. (Doesn’t matter here)
PRIORITY must be an integer between 0 and 9
Your iCalendar contains PRIORITY:80, which is not valid and cannot be synchronized. Please fix your iCalendars.
Does that help?
@devvv4ever I solved it. My DAVDroid account was named the same as my email ID on one occasion and “DAVDroid” on another occasion. I just changed it to just “Droid” and synced it again. Everything has started working now. Thank you.
@rfc2822 Ich werde mich mal an den eM Client Support wenden. Mal sehen, was die sagen.
Melde mich wieder, wenn ich eine Antwort habe. Sollte dabei nichts rauskommen, kann ich ja mal noch die Debug-Logs, etc schicken.
Erstmal vielen Dank!
@rfc2822: “I think the only solution is to give DAVdroid all required permissions and to turn off functions that block DAVdroid.”
That’s for sure. My request was about DAVdroid beeing able to defect that permissions are missing and warn. But when implementation of “privacy protection” is like you say, I think it’s the exact intention of that feature that the app does not know there is anything blocked.
So please close this thread.