Steps to reproduce:
Set up a Caldav calendar (mailbox.org here).
With DAVx5 connect to this calendar.
Cause an sync error. In this case deleting a recurrent birthday reminder caused an error 403 (Forbidden) from the server.
DAVx5 writes a log file with technical error information (e. g. HTTP request and response, technical device information, Java stacktrace). The information might help the developer, but it doesn’t help a non-tech user at all.
The information about the failure appears as a tiny icon in the status bar only, where it can easily be overlooked.
DAVx5 informs the user in a visible message, in understandable, non-tech words that it could not synchronize, which item is affected (the displayed name of the contact, date or task), what caused the error, how he/she can solve the problem and go on. For instance see https://www.nngroup.com/articles/top-10-application-design-mistakes/, chapter 3.
If the log file is needed for the developer, DAVx5 helps the end-user with easy-to-follow steps to send it to the developer.
@mazeiva I don’t know. We’d have to know the actual reason why it’s not working to say why it’s working on other devices.
Maybe you can find something in your server (for instance, do the DAVx⁵/browser requests make it through to the server) and/or firewall logs?
I used that app to create an event with floating times. Then I opened it in Google Calendar. It shows as timezone GMT+2. I added an attendee, saved the event and uploaded it with DavX5. On the server it is still in floating time. This is not a problem (of DavX5).
Indeed, after syncing with DavX5 2.4 the timezone was renamed to Central European Summer Time.
Does DavX5 send to the server the floating time and only after that add timezone to the device?
I think it is better to keep it in floating time, unless DavX5 is sure in which time zone the departure really is.
@Дилян-Палаузов said in according to a user report, “performance with 120 calendars is very bad”:
Was this achieved solely by code reorganizarion,
Yes. The UI code has been changed from Loaders and ListView to ViewModel and RecyclerView, which is much more performant. Was much work on this never ending project. The next thing is to migrate to the Room database which is almost finished… and then there are about 10.000 enhancements, bugs and minor problems left.
@devvv4ever provided q great troubleshooting suggestion for this and another issue under this post:
We followed the suggestions provided and looks like that did the trick.
Thanks a lot
I deleted the test contact off of my phone and then added it again and now it is showing up on my desktop. Perhaps I didn’t have the DAVx⁵ addressbook selected the last time, but that’s what it defaults to and I know that I wouldn’t have changed it… Strange? Anyway, thank you for taking a look at this. Much appreciated!
Sounds like a problem of your calendar app. Did you try aCalendar?
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, you are right, it seems to be a problem from my calendar app.
I checked all the linked articles and it seems that it is the same problem as in.
After your reply i made a few tests and I have to correct my steps to reproduce in my previous posting.
Create an event with thunderbird lightning. This event will be created without a status.
Sync with DAVx5.
Modify the event on your android device with business calendar 2 or the stock calendar app from google.
Sync again with DAVx5.
The event changes to tentative.
I will open a bug report at business calendar 2.
Thanks, it’s also the issue I was having. Instead of giving internet access to uid 1000, I just did “settings put global captive_portal_mode 0” (recent android)
Agreed it would be useful to add this in the FAQ