The ORGANIZER is managed by Android (which uses the account name when no organizer has been set) and/or the calendar app. DAVdroid only takes the values which it receives from the calendar provider, see the image at https://www.davdroid.com/faq/system-integration/
You could create multiple accounts with various account names (= ORGANIZERS) and then use the calendars accordingly.
I wanted ro report a Problem with adding an account which is hosted on my own Baikal server. This may be just a server issue, but I suggest you may update the documentation if you find it appropriate.
Officially the Base-URL stated in your FAQ is /dav.php/ (e.g. https://server.example/baikal/dav.php/)(https://www.davdroid.com/tested-with/baikal/)
It only finds my account however when I type the principal URL https://dav.pascalpieper.de/dav.php/principals/NAME/.
When looking at the error log, it actually finds the principals path even when leaving out the /dav.php/-part, but somehow reports an internal server error upon request of that site. If I type directly the principal-URL, it finds the services of my user and succeeds.
DavDroid Error log: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/OWimfyX2IAqbVcfdoj0P~Q
Webserver log: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/SJTfzTIz1jHzU4gGPA7img
PS.: DavDroid is a great app and I enjoy using it otherwise.
What about leaving quering of the DNS to the OS, but doing the validation of the answers in the application?
When openssh is linked with libldns is does DNSSEC validatation (evaluation of the SSHPF records). So has openDmarc to be linked with libunbound to do DNSSEC validation.
If an application wants nowadays to do DANE/DNSSEC is has to use the right libraries.
Can you provide a test account (with data) so that we can reproduce the problem? Otherwise, we would at least need logs…
By the way, do you really use 17k contacts on your mobile phone? May I ask what the use case is? Is the Contacts app even usable with such amounts of contacts?
Thanks for your report! Contact synchronization with Nextcloud is known to work well.
Can you please provide steps to reproduce (maybe a test account?), Web server and CalDAV/CardDAV server logs taken while the problem occurs, DAVdroid debug info and verbose DAVdroid logs etc as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What's required to diagnose a problem.
Please note that Thunderbird is not an iCalendar validator. However, I don't see any problem with this iCalendar event here, it looks like this on my Android 8.1 emulator (25 Nov 2016 10:30 +00 = 25 Nov 2016 11:30 CET, which is used in the calendar view):
Also, which past time event limit have you set in the account? This information is also contained in the debug info, so please provide the debug info as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What's required to diagnose a problem.
Can you please provide steps to reproduce, Web server and CalDAV/CardDAV server logs taken while the problem occurs, DAVdroid debug info and verbose DAVdroid logs etc as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What's required to diagnose a problem?
Thank you. By locating, opening and saving the calendar item in my calendar app, the invalid syntax was corrected. I will now be able to try to identify and fix any similar errors in the future. However, could your software could be enhanced to describe to the user which item is in error? Displaying SUMMARY, DTSTART and DTEND alongside the UID should be sufficient.
The debug log unfortunately did not really help me.
Interestingly, when I deactivated sync for all 6 task lists (keeping only the address books activated for sync), the problem disappeared. However, regardless which of the task lists I subsequently re-activated, I always got the sync problem. I then purged tasks (within Horde) that had been completed more than 30 days ago -- no more synchronization problems. But current tasks no longer appeared on the smart phone either! Luckily, when I now add new tasks, they appear both on the Android device as well as inside horde.
So, long story short, did not find the cause of the problem, but was somehow able to solve it (with side effects though -- would have liked to keep the current tasks on my mobile.
I couldn't reproduce the problem with this event and other Lightning events are working here, too. This seems not to be related to Lightning, but to https://forums.bitfire.at/topic/1727/nullpointerexception-attempt-to-invoke-virtual-method-void-java-util-calendar-settimezone-java-util-timezone-on-a-null-object-reference. If I only could reproduce it…
Please follow up there.